Everyone has experienced times of fullness, gratitude, and inspiration. We have all also experienced times of stress, sadness, and conflict. All of your experiences are valid, and you deserve acceptance and understanding. Olivia Howk believes that you are powerful and can overcome any obstacle in life, and she is here to help you navigate challenging situations. Her approach is based on collaboration and creating a safe, supportive, and empathic space where healing, growth, and awareness occur. The relationship built in the counseling room is unique and impactful. Olivia utilizes various proven therapeutic techniques to empower clients in increasing their awareness and cultivating authenticity, self-worth, and self-acceptance.
At Foundations Counseling, Olivia Howk works with a wide range of clients who seek services, including:
- Mental Health and Wellness – abuse and trauma recovery, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, self-esteem, self-care, sexual identity, PTSD, boundaries
- Life Transitions – restoring meaning to life, grief and end-of-life issues, establishing self, spirituality, male and female role issues, geographical transition, job transition
- Growth-Oriented Counseling – individual development, empowerment, burnout and lack of motivation, quarter-life crisis, relocation, workplace conflicts, life transitions, grief and loss
- Relationships and Family Issues – communication, codependency, alternative relationships, sexual issues, trauma recovery, unresolved conflict and conflict resolution, divorce and divorce recovery, pre-marital counseling
- Individual Counseling – perfectionism, anxiety, depression, trauma recovery, empowerment, self-esteem, issues of race and multiculturalism, catastrophic thinking, social anxiety, and panic attacks, abandonment issues
Olivia Howk is a National Certified Counselor. She graduated with a Master of Arts Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of Northern Colorado. She also holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Educational Psychology from The University of Texas at Austin. Olivia integrates techniques and knowledge from a variety of modalities to fit you and your goals. She primarily employs Person-Centered Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Culturally Sensitive Therapy, and Trauma-Focused Therapy.
Olivia has experience working with clients of diverse identities, cultures, and ethnicities. She emphasizes multicultural awareness and cultural sensitivity during counseling. In working with clients experiencing identity exploration, grief and loss, trauma recovery, family of origin issues, anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, self-harming behaviors, and boundary concerns, she has skills to navigate your fears with you.
When Olivia is not at Foundations she loves being outside in the Colorado weather. Her self-care involves taking long walks outside, reading books, organizing, and cuddling with her cat, Luna. She enjoys laughing with friends and family and exploring new foods, especially dessert!